Sunday 22 December 2013

Surprise Oatmeal Cookies

Dear Readers, 

Being a parent has made me more open in accepting constructive feedback and seeing how to improve.
Couple of days ago, I cooked oatmeal and fruit jam for breakfast, and none of my kids ate it. They never liked cooked oatmeal, but I thought this was due to the texture, when they were younger. They just didn't like it. My oldest tried it, with some oatmeal still in his mouth, he said " Mommy it doesn't taste good." Just his facial expression made me understand that he just didn't like it.
Today for breakfast I made some oatmeal cookies and ham omelette. The surprise was I added some raisins and grated carrots, knowing that they are very picky, when it comes to vegetables and dried raisins. 
The results were amazing, they ate everything. I'm so glad I took my kids food critic to make something they like.

Surprise Oatmeal Cookies Crispy or Chewy-- The Choice is Yours.


Ingredients:

3/4 cup butter, softened 175 ml
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar 175 ml
1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 ml
1 egg
2 tbsp water 30 ml
2 tsp vanilla 10 ml
3/4 cup all purpose flour ( used Robin Hood flour)
3/4 tsp baking soda 3ml
1 tsp cinnamon 5 ml
3 cups Oats (Robin Hood oats)
1 cups of raisins
1/2 cups of finely grated carrots
Preparation:
Preheat oven at 350•F
•Cream butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla together on medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
•Combine flour, soda, and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Stir on oats, raisins, and carrots.
•Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
•Press flat for crips cookies; leave mounded for chewy cookies
•Bake at 350•F (180•C) for 12-20 mins. Or until edges are golden brown. Do not over bake.
Makes 15 to 30 cookies
You can add your favourite vegetables or fruits, as well as the ones your kids don't like much.

Hope your child would also say YUMMY!





No comments:

Post a Comment